Monday, August 24, 2009

The beginnings of my Journey

I am sitting in D.C. and wishing I could shower. I have been traveling for almost a day, and I have another one to go. But so far it has gone smoothly. Well, except one little incident with security today. While I was repacking and trying to get my bag within the weight requirements I moved a lot of things. Today a security man brought to my attention, while searching my bag, that my backpacking knife was in it. I was shocked, and nearly said a bad word! I thought I was done for. Luckily, I think he could see the shock on my face, and that my stuffed Moose was tucked under my arm, and he offered to let me go back through and check my bag, or he could just confiscate the knife. I was relieved, but didn't feel the knife was worth it. So I surrendered my backpacking knife to TSA and sent thankful prayers to God that I wasn't detained or arrested.
I also nearly didn't get a ticket for my flight to Amsterdam because I forgot that my real name in RainbowMcCracken. But this too was resolved and I am sitting, eagerly awaiting the departure of my 9-hour flight to Amsterdam with my group of new-found friends. Everyone is very kind, funny, and eager to get to know one another. So that's all from the U.S.! In just a couple hours I will be flying over the Atlantic and still wondering what the Hell I got myself into :)

Thanks for the prayers and encouragement!!! More to come ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment