Monday, October 26, 2009

Catching up on Photos

Here are some pictures! I will write an actual blog tomorrow to let y'all know why I am home and not in Kapchorwa as I told you. But do not fear, I am eating Cashews in safety and peace!

Left to right: Manny, Sam, Jill, Isaiah, and me. At the beginning of our voyage to Ssese. Happy, healthy, excited, and clean.

The men playing soccer...er....Football with a group of kids. So much fun. Later they jumped rope too!

So we wandered around the island that day and cam upon a school. And then we found this sign. it says "Mestration is a normal body activity." The men supported this notion :)

Lake Victoria and Ssese Island. Beautiful! The picture does not do it justice.

Brian, myself, and Manny, watching the sunset over Lake Victoria. My face is sunburned. Oops!

I forgot to mention Belleville in my blog! Belleville greeted us right off the ferry. It looked like he had been hit by a Boda Boda (Motorcycle) as some point because his head wasn't all there (literally speaking only). He got his name because that night we played a pirated version of monopoly (pictured above). One of the Chance cards said "Go Back Belleville." Yeah, that's all it said. And I don't think there was a Belleville on the board! So the next day when this dog was following us around we just kept saying "Go back, Belleville!" The name stuck, as did the dog. He was great, I think!

Tea...er....coffee and sodas and chips (aka french fries) on the shore of Lake Victoria. Very British, eh?

The meeting between my feet and Lake Victoria. Also the last picture taken before I was struck with illness!

On our way to Kapchorwa! Moose was waving at the people and trying to give his mom a heart attack!

This was in Luweero a couple weeks ago at a Compassion International Center. We played in the dirt :)

That's all I got for now. Love y'all! Have a good day!

1 comment:

  1. joy - these are great! you look gorgeous and happy and the people you are with look like a great group! hope you are in good health lately! still praying!

    ReplyDelete